Thursday, February 04, 2010

Just get rid of iPhoto

It was time to get rid of iPhoto since I have Bridge installed and it has numerous advantages, e.g. easier browsing,
starting Photomatix and other apps easily,
showing the detailed exif data right on the spot not in an extra floating window,
not converting to jpg when I try to copy out,
unable to reach the directory in finder and a hundred more ...

1, I just fired the terminal application and copy out all my original files from iPhoto

cp -r "Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/" Pictures/

Now I can reach them with any app.

2, Next step Bridge CS3->Preferences->General->Behavior check in When a Camera is Connected, Launch Adobe Photo Downloader.


Good bye iPhoto!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home